Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Loh !!!

Finally it's the holidays... althou not realli "fully" holiday yet, still have to come back school from monday to wed (tmr)... in fact, i'm now blogging in school... nevertheless, i'm still happy & glad holidays are here...

Last friday, to celebrate the last day of school, me & some frenz (actually colleagues from sch but colleagues sound too distant, I wouldn't go out with mere "colleagues", if u get wat i mean) went out... first to The Line buffet dinner at Shangri La hotel... it cost about 75 bucks per pax AFTER discount (some card, forget which bank le)... quite costly hor... but holiday good mood ma, ok to splurge once in a while... but the place not realli spectacular loh, maybe our expectations were too high le, coz it's supposedly quite famous & highly-rated... the layout & design of the place quite foodcourt style loh, plus it's quite crowded with people so realli feels like foodcourt... not wat u would expect from a 5-star hotel like Shangri La... I expected a classy stylish ambience... food variety not bad, quite a broad range but compared to the wide varieties of buffets nowadays, nothing special actually... the seafood was nice, fresh & sweet... the crab is a die-die-must-try... dessert was good too, esp the chocolate mousse...

After dinner, we went to tis ktv-pub called 酒坛林 at carpenter street... i noe the name sounds sleazy but dun be mistaken, it's not a lap-sup-bar & we were not going for some "special activities"... there were females among us... actually the place more ktv than a pub lah... it's the hall-type of ktv where u pass the mic around, but they earn money from selling alcohol... the people there were more interested in the alcohol than the singing thou, probably explains why it's called 酒坛林... one fren can't drink coz he's driving, one fren can't sing becoz well, she juz can't sing (lol)... another had to go off coz she's having another party at Helipad (a surprise hen's party organised by her sis, Congratz Peishan!)... so after a while, it got boring & we left around 2, abit early for a chionging friday nite, but well... I'm not realli a chiongster anyway...

And wat's a holiday without MAHJONG !? Played a couple of rounds on Sat, won back my expenses for Friday (yay!)... and some BREAKING NEWS to share with u (if u still don't noe)... *drums roll*... my house is open for mahjong! finally after so many years, had my first (& only) session at my own place 2 weeks back... due to tremendous support from my father & my 先斩后奏 (i actually invited my frenz over for mj b4 I buy my mj set, knowing my mum is the type who can't be rude to guests), my mum finally relented... had an enjoyable session (maybe only for me coz I won, woon was looking realli glum over his biggest career loss)... looking forward to more sessions in future... if u are interested, juz let me noe... always welcomed to a "table-warming" session at my place...

Overseas Notification: I'll be away to Taiwan from 1st to 9th December, Hong Kong from 14th to 18th December. My hp no auto-roam so I'll be uncontactable during tis periods.

3 Comments:

Blogger sHuYu=)) said...

seems like a really enjoyable hols for u liao.. haha=DD looking forward to TAIWAN!!! haha=P

3:26 PM

 
Blogger sHuYu=)) said...

hey i've changed my link... u take note k??
http://emotic-tortoise-shuyu.blogspot.com/

7:02 PM

 
Blogger Kawaii said...

Noted & updated...

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home