Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cried Last Night... Sobs...

Watched a show on channel 5 last nite called "John Q" by Denzel Washington... Beri touching show... It's abt a desperate loving father (Denzel Washington) whose son is dying and nids a heart transplant but the hospital refuses to put his son's name on the transplant list becoz he cun afford to pay for the operation. Out of desperation, he barged into the hospital and took some ppl hostage to demand the hospital to operate on his son. Near the end of the story, he even tried to kill himself so that the doctor can use his heart to save his son. So noble... sobs... I cried... Call me a sissy... I dun care... Who states the rule tat guys cun cry when they are touched or sad? But luckily in the end, it was quite a happy ending so still ok...

But some things to think abt after watching the show :

1)Would u commit a crime to save ur loved ones? Or wld u rather see them die? What wld U do if faced wif such a dilemma?
2)Medical costs are so high in Singapore n many parts of the world. I'm sure there are many ppl who die everyday becoz they could not afford the treatment. So are hospitals ethical when they refuse treatment to ppl who cun pay? Harsh fact of life : When u are POOR, u cun AFFORD to fall sick...
3)I duno whether there's any truth in this but the show mentioned tat some insurance companies collaborate wif doctors to hide the truth abt some illnesses tat clients may haf so they dun haf to pay the high claims... I dun wanna get sued for defamation (they like to sue bloggers recently) so I remain neutral here... But it sure sounds disturbing...

2 Comments:

Blogger sHuYu=)) said...

da ge... u soo funny leh.. haha:P anyway, put up a tag board la.. easier to tag leh... hmm k.. btw free on wed? wanna go out?

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Shiren said...

Hi da ge,

Ha i am shiren. Actually i cant help but to agree with u.. The show John Q is really very touching. I Watched it like few years ago, till now the movie still stays with me. I even imagine myself as e father man ahaha.. actually its also because i dun like doctors.. thats y this show really leaves an impression in me. Nice blogging.. fun to read hahaha

12:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home