Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bloated With Chicken...

Got a haircut today… ok… no big deal… still the same old toopid hairstyle… been wanting to cut for beri long liao… but same old story… drag and drag… until wake up look in the mirror see a bird nest on my head… and when I passed by the barber shop tis afternoon, started to haf hallucinations tat the barber was waving at me, chanting “Come in… come in… time to cut ur hair…” And the rest was history.

My mum went out wif her kakis the whole day today… my dad was working the afternoon shift so I haf to settle my own dinner… b4 my mum left the house tis morning, she threw me a pack of bah-kut-teh flavoured instant noodles she juz bought and told me to try if I’m hungry and too lazy to go out… however, being a dignified self-acclaimed gourmet, I refused to degrade myself to the level of cooking n eating instant noodles… but the instant noodles did give me inspiration on wat to cook – bah kut teh ! Hmm… but too troublesome to go buy herbs and ingredients… n too late liao, market a lot of stalls close liao so I haf to make do wif wat’s available in the fridge… turns out my mum din even buy any pork, not to mention spare ribs… * continued searching * Eureka ! A chicken ! Who says bah kut teh must die die use pork? I will improvise and make chicken bah kut teh… hehe… ingenious me…

Ok… those of u not interested in cooking or know nuts abt cooking, u can skip the following part…

As I was in the process of making my marvelous creation, I realized why ppl prefer to use pork for bah kut teh rather than chicken… chicken does not withstand long periods of boiling or cooking as well as pork… when cooked in soup, chicken tends to become dry, tough n tasteless… tat’s probably why when they cook chicken soup, they use chicken bones or chicken breast meat to avoid wasting the other parts of the chicken… I am a person who hates wastage so wat I did was I chopped up the chicken into its diff parts, put the breast meat towards the bottom of the pot n the rest of the good stuff on top… so when the top part was cooked, I removed them b4 they went dry n tough… and left the chicken breast inside to continue boiling the soup… so in the end, wat I got was a chicken feast… chicken bah kut teh soup and a plate of 白斩鸡 wif oyster sauce n sesame oil… yummy… a whole chicken to myself… wahaha… * burps *

Umm… now the problem is how to explain the missing chicken to my mum… hmm… how does “A rat opened the fridge and took off wif the chicken.” sound?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home