Thursday, June 14, 2007

Back From Penang... Sianz...

I’m back… with a belly… after 4 days of gorging on food in Penang… haha… the food there is realli cheap and good… char kway teow, hokkien mee, bah kut teh and so much more… may be juz simple common fare but those in Penang are so sedap… in comparison, can tell the food standards in sg sux… juz now I oredi missing Penang food while having dinner liao… sg hawker food juz pales in comparison…

So sianz to be back in sg… esp with the tot of having to start work soon… the next holiday seems so far away… sobs…

Tis afternoon reach home tat time I see my mum so relieved to see me coz I din call home, felt a sense of guilt… partly becoz I made her worried by not calling… but mainly becoz I am not as happy abt my coming back as she is… well… not tat I dun miss my family… I love my parents… it’s juz tat I dun miss Singapore… in fact, I felt so demoralized the moment I alighted the plane at Changi airport…

If any of u tink I’m being disloyal to my country… so be it… I nv liked sg and I’m not going to pretend I do… at least I’m being honest… spare me all the preaching abt patriotism… I dun believe in tat crap… to me, patriotism is not juz abt singing majulah singapura… painting the national flag on ur face during national day dun make u patriotic, it juz makes u look silly…

True patriotism can onli be seen in times of crisis… if u are one tat is willing to throw ur life away to defend the country, I salute u… but then again, saying is one thing, doing is another… how many people can realli practise wat they preach?

Aiyo… paiseh… at 1st wana blog abt my Penang trip one… duno why suddenly turn into something so solemn… haha… maybe becoz too high during last four days, now come back suddenly feel so low… so abit ki siao… I’ll blog more abt the Penang trip details in a few days’ time when I feeling normal again… and maybe post some photos when my frenz send me… I din take much photos on my own camera… stay tuned…

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Well well, both u and shuyu made me wanna go Penang k...sigh...

anyway, i agree wif ur view...but just like what you said, saying and doing is different, as much as we are not patriotic, we still need to tell our "the future of our nation" (that is, if they can make it) to love their country...

Ironic, isn't it?

1:32 PM

 
Blogger sHuYu=)) said...

but basically u go there for food.. n come back wif a big belly that's all... haha=))

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home