Monday, April 07, 2008

Full-Time? Part-Time?

Been planning to go pursue a degree... coz in a place like singapore, qualifications do matter... ALOT... it's not fair... but tat's the harsh reality we have to face... we can do the same amt of shit... i mean work... or even more... but the salary difference between a uni-grad & a diploma holder is always there, no matter how much u do... they get higher paychecks, more bonuses, faster promotions & greater pay increments... the salary gap juz gets bigger & bigger as time goes by...

Originally intended to take a full-time course after maybe one year of service... but many restrictions sia... money is an issue... coz study full-time means no work, no pay... plus have to pay school fees... which can add up to a significant sum... I dun wish to end up having no savings when I reach 30... which is realli quite pathetic...

Another problem... when I told my RO (reporting officer) about my plans to go study... he gave me the "standard talk" that my application would be subjected to school approval, tat due to manpower shortage, I may have to wait a few years for my chance blah blah blah... of course I dun fall for such bullshit... honestly, if I dun get approval, I'll juz ask for transfer... me attitude de ma... haha...

But then again, if study full-time... the courses mostly last like 3, 4 years... then graduate 30+ draw fresh grad's pay... duno how long then can cover back the school fees sia...

Then today, heard someone say tat MOE now offers up to 40% subsidy on school fees for part-time courses in uni-SIM... sounds like a feasible option to me... will take some time to look thru the courses available & make my choice... num of lessons per week is a crucial factor... I cun go for those 4-time a week classes after work... will die de... the main reason why I wanted to go full-time in the 1st place is coz I worried I cun handle the hectic schedule of work & studies combined... I nuah de ma... remember?

Full-time? Part-time? Don't seem like I have much choice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home